- Don’t leave a dishwasher running during the night or when you are out, and switch it off when not in use.
- Ensure there are no leaks, particularly look for cracks in the detergent drawer, as these could allow water into the electrics
- Keep the outlet filter clean
- If your dishwasher begins making a strange noise, don't ignore it. If you think there might be a problem, always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.
- Buy from a reputable dealer/manufacturer
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions
- Always register your appliance with the manufacturer so you can be notified if there's a problem